|Home :: Employment
December 3, 2013
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation
The Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation lands extend in an east-west direction from the Manitoba border to the Churchill River; and a north-south direction from Reindeer Lake to Sturgeon Landing. These lands, comprising around 20,000 square miles, formed the core traditional hunting/gathering area of the Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation. The population is 9,000. Most band members live in eight First Nations communities while others live off-reserve in cities, such as Saskatoon and Prince Albert.
The Director of Operations oversees the administrations of PBCN in accordance to the directions of Chief and Council and the applicable funding agreements of the Funding Agency. This role must have a sound background and knowledge of Financial Management including policy, procedures, rules and protocols. The individual will be a part of a management team, on a hands-on capacity of a full range of financial activities.
The Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day financial activities of the First Nation including budgeting analyses, financial reporting, preparation of financial statements, month-end and year-end reports, developing and implementing financial controls and systems, monitoring compliance and oversight of investment and trusts
The position will be centrally located in Prince Albert with some travel involved to the eight communities. The individual will report directly to the Executive Director (Fiscal, Personnel and Program related) and will provide program reports to Chief and Council. The employment designation is a full time permanent position.
- Preferred: A degree from an accredited post secondary institution specializing in Business Administration, Commerce, Management, Accounting or Finance. In addition, he/she will also have acquired a recognized accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA, CPA, CAFM) with a minimum of two (2) years in a financial management position, preferably in a First Nations environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum: Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA, CAFM) or have completed a minimum of two (5) years in a financial management position, preferably in a First Nations environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have proven written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Cree language, culture, political and social objective of PBCN.
- Include three (3) work references with your application.
- Include with your application a current criminal record check.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2013
Attention: Shirley Morin, Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 2320
Prince Albert, SK. S6V 6Z1
Phone #: (306) 953 – 4400 ~ Fax (306) 953 – 4420